Today, I’m sharing a quick and easy berry muffins recipe . It’s perfect for breakfast on the go, as a lunch box treat, or as a snack with your favorite beverage.
- 2 cups dry baking mix (or use my homemade Bisquick recipe )
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I use Ceylon )
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 5.3 ounces (2/3 liquid cup) milk
- 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) vegetable or canola oil
- 2.6 ounces (1/3 cup) cane sugar (I used a sugar substitute )
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries, unthawed
- Confectioner’s sugar or Swerve for garnish (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees and line 12 muffins cups with paper liners. Lightly apply non-stick spray to papers to make muffin removal easier.
Place all of the ingredients except the fruit into a large mixing bowl. Stir until ingredients are barely incorporated, and then gently fold in the fruit.
Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
Bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown, and toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
Remove muffins from pan and allow them to cool slightly before serving.
If desired, dust tops of muffins with confectioner’s sugar. (NOTE: If you dust the muffins while they’re still warm, the sugar will be absorbed into the muffin. It’s best to wait until muffins have cooled before dusting.)