This bacon cheese ball is an easy tailgate food that’s perfect for a game day crowd! A classic cheese ball recipe with cream cheese is kicked up with chipotle peppers and spices, then covered crispy bacon pieces. The best cheese ball recipe for pre-game snacking!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese,, sharp cheddar is best
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 6 slices bacon,, cooked and crumbled (about 1 cup of cooked bacon pieces)
Place cheeses in the bowl of a food processor. (If you don’t have a food processor, use a high speed blender.) Process until cheeses are combined.
Add all remaining ingredients except for bacon pieces and pulse to combine. Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Remove plastic wrap and use clean hands to form cheese into a ball. Place bacon pieces on a plate and roll cheese ball in them before transferring to a serving platter.
Serve with crackers, chips, or raw veggies.