Protein muffins will help you start your day right! Moist, fluffy blueberry protein muffins are bursting with fresh blueberries, a bit of lime, and protein powder. and they’re loaded with great flavor. They’re perfect for a breakfast on the go or a healthier afternoon snack.
- 5.3 ounces (1.25 cups) all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons for coating berries)
- 4 tablespoons plain or vanilla whey protein powder (optional, see notes)
- 7.5 ounces (1 cup) Rapadura
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Juice of one large lime (2 tablespoons juice)
- Zest from one large lime
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (1/4 liquid cup) canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla flavored Greek yogurt (I used Stonyfield)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Heat oven to 350 F.
Lightly spray wells of a traditional muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, Rapadura, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder until well combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, egg, egg white,yogurt, lime juice, zest, and vanilla until well combined.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until flour is almost fully incorporated into the batter. Don’t over mix or your muffins will become tough and dry.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries and toss to coat. Using a silicone spatula, gently fold berries into the batter, making sure that no dry flour remains.
Fill each prepared well two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow muffins to rest for 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.