Cheddar Bay Biscuits are fluffy buttermilk biscuits baked with butter, fresh herbs and cheddar cheese. They taste just Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
- 3 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 tbsp (1 cup) COLD unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped (or 1 Tbl dried parsley)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Flour for dusting
- Egg wash , (1 beaten egg plus 1 tbsp. water) for brushing tops of biscuits
Preheat conventional oven to 425 F (400 F if using convection oven)
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a food processor (or large bowl).
Add cubed COLD butter and pulse 7-8 times (or cut into flour with pastry blender)
Stir in cheese, green onions, and parsley. Add 1 cup of buttermilk slowly, adding remainder as necessary, until dough comes together into a nice ball. DON’T USE IT ALL IF YOU DON’T NEED IT!
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Form ball and roll out to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut with 2.5 inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Brush tops with egg wash and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until browned.