Chocolate caramel stuffed banana bread is a sweet treat for brunches, after school snacks, or dessert. Chocolate kisses and caramel swirls make this easy banana bread recipe a special one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, (8.8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, (5.6 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium extra ripe bananas, (1 cup mashed bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil , or melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon caramel extract
- 21 Hershey Kisses, or caramel Kisses, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup Caramel sauce, for drizzling on top (optional)
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar , for dusting (optional)
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, extending paper up sides of pan, or spray with non-stick spray; set aside.
In a large bowl combine bananas, eggs, oil, milk, caramel flavoring, and vanilla extract. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to banana mixture; stir just until moistened.
Pour two thirds of the batter evenly into the pan. Place caramel Kisses on top of the batter, spacing them apart as evenly as possible. Pour remaining batter on top of the kisses and spread with a spatula to assure that all of the candy is covered with batter.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove bread from pan by using the edges of the parchment paper to lift bread from pan, or use a butter knife to loosen sides of bread from the pan and invert pan to remove bread. Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
Drizzle warm caramel sauce over the top of the loaf and dust with powdered sugar. If desired, serve with additional caramel sauce.