- 4 ounces somen noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber , (apprx 6inches in length)
- 1 large carrot, (peeled, 6 inches in length)
- 2 large scallions, , finely chopped
Asian Noodle Dressing
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, , finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin **
- 1 Tablespoons squeezable ginger
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Optional juice from half of lime, cilantro and more scallions.
Start by prepping ingredients as this recipe moves very fast. Julian the vegetables into very thin pieces.
Cook the noodles in a large pot or wok for 3 minutes (or according to directions on package). We want the noodles slightly underdone so they can fry up quickly with the vegetables.
Strain the finished noodles from the pot and add the canola oil. Over medium-low heat add the vegetables and garlic to saute briefly. Only about 3 minutes.
Combine all other sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
Add the noodles and sauce back to the pot and stir. Plate and top with scallions and other optional toppings. Serve warm or cold.
**If you cannot find mirin you can use plain sake. Or omit entirely if you would really like too.