Cold soup can be the refreshing star at your spring brunch or summer picnics! Cold Cucumber Soup is a blender soup recipe made with cucumbers, Greek yogurt and fresh herbs. Perfect for a refreshing appetizer, healthy lunch, or meatless meal, the chilled soup is Weight Watcher’s friendly, vegetarian, low carb, and gluten-free!
- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled; 1/2 cup diced small, the rest coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, or plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh dill weed
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon, (about 10 leaves)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less, to taste
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
In a blender, combine the chopped cucumber with the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, parsley, tarragon and 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Blend on high speed for 2 minutes, until smooth. Season with salt, cover and refrigerate for 2-8 hours to allow flavors to meld and develop. (You can serve and eat right away, but the flavor of the soup won’t be nearly as refined and delicious.)
Taste the soup for proper seasoning again just before serving. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the finely diced cucumber, red onion and a drizzle of olive oil, and serve.