We were trying to figure out what to make for dinner. All we needed was to dethaw the chicken out of the freezer, pop everything in the slow cooker at the beginning of the day and dinner was served when we got home. DINNER WINNER!
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced and quartered, or 2 small cans
- 1 small bell pepper (any color), seeded and diced medium
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- prepared pasta or rice, for serving
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Place tomatoes in a large slow cooker (I used a 6 quart size)
Use a small knife or fork to cut each tomato in half. Add tomato paste, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic, and herbs/spices. Stir to combine.
Lay chicken thighs evenly over tomato mixture and stir to coat. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Serve over pasta or rice, with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.