Easy Homemade Taco Sauce that easily is the same (if not better) than store bought. Ditch the store-bought taco sauces and make some delicious and economically friendly taco sauce.
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (or 1/4 tsp for less spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons sugar, or honey
Stir all ingredients together in a small saucepan over low heat.
Cook at a simmer until sauce thickens a bit and reaches your desired consistency. We advise to cook at least 13-15minutes on a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Cool sauce and serve. Store in an airtight container up to 7 days in the refrigerator or freeze within 7 days.