- 3 cups organic ketchup
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 3 ounces (1/3 liquid cup) cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea or Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Place all ingredients into a medium sized saucepan over medium heat; stir to combine.
Bring contents to a simmer and cook until sauce thickens and becomes darker in color, about 10-15 minutes.
When refrigerated in a well covered container, the sauce will store well for up to 2 months.