- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked al-dente
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive or grapeseed oil
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 8 oz fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and fresh pepper
- 32 oz marinara sauce (homemade or jarred)
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°.
Ladle about 1 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned and no pink remains. Remove from heat, drain, and let cool slightly.
Combine cooked sausage, spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, HALF of the mozzarella, egg, salt, black and red pepper (if using), in a medium bowl.
Place a piece of wax or parchment paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. If necessary, pat noodles dry with paper toweling.
Take 1/4 cup of sausage mixture and spread evenly over one noodle. Repeat until all noodles are covered. Roll each noodle carefully and place seam side down into the baking dish.
Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzerella cheese over noodles.
Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese melts.