Low carb meatloaf is one of the most popular low carb dinner recipes on It’s Yummi! Meal prep is quick and easy with this Low Carb Slow Cooker Meatloaf recipe, and your crock pot does all of the cooking!
- Olive oil in a spritzer bottle, or olive oil cooking spray
- 2 pounds extra lean ground sirloin, or ground bison
- 2 large eggs
- 1 zucchini, grated and excess liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons minced dry onion, or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1/4 cup no sugar added tomato sauce, or no sugar added ketchup
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or 2-3 slices
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
Line a large (6 quart or larger) slow cooker with strips of aluminum foil. Spray the foil with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for cooking spray and the topping ingredients. Mixture WILL BE loose/wet. This is expected.
Carefully transfer mixture into the slow cooker and form into an oblong shaped loaf, setting it on top of the aluminum foil strips. Place lid on top of slow cooker.
Cook on high power for 3 hours or low power for 6 hours. 15 minutes before the end of the cook time, turn the heat off and unplug the slow cooker. Remove the lid and spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf. Place cheese on top of ketchup and replace the lid onto the slow cooker. Allow the meat loaf to sit for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
To remove loaf from the slow cooker, remove lid, hold each end of the strips in each hand , and carefully lift. Transfer the loaf to serving platter and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Credit: iFOODReal e-Cookbook, 30 Clean Quick Dinner Recipes