- 2 tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- shells from 1 pound of fresh seafood, (I used lobster, shrimp, and crab shells)
- 2 large onions, chopped (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- 2 large carrots, unpeeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine, or water or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, with the stems
Warm oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
Add the seafood shells, onions, carrots, and celery and saute for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute.
Add 1 1/2 quarts of water, wine, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Strain stock through a sieve, pressing the solids.You should have approximately 1 quart of stock. You can make up the difference with water or wine if you need to.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and rate it!