- 3-4 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 16 ounces (2 liquid cups) organic low sodium beef stock
- 3/4 cup jarred pepperoncinis, plus their juice (I used sliced, but whole pepperoncini will work, too)
- 2 Tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place roast into the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover with beef stock, pepperoncini, and spices. Stir to combine.
Cook on low power for 7-8 hours, or until beef is tender and falling apart. Use two forks to shred the beef, making sure not to leave any large chunks. Serve on toasted buns immediately, or transfer meat and juices to the refrigerator. Allow to chill for several hours, or overnight. Skim hardened fat from the top of the roast, then use a strainer to separate the juices from the meat.
Reserve the juice and reheat when ready to serve as an au jus dipping sauce. Reheat meat to an internal temperature of at least 165 before serving.