- 2 large celery stalks, , diced
- 1 small onion, , diced
- 4 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 green bell pepper, , diced
- 1 red bell pepper, , diced
- 16 ounces smoked sausage, , chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ( or more for extra spice)
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, , roughly chopped
- 2 cup vegetable broth, ( chicken broth works as well)
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
Add all ingredients into slow cooker EXCEPT the uncooked white rice.
Stir everything together. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours. The liquid should be boiling at this point.
Very quickly stir uncooked rice into slow cooker. Quickly cover with lid and continue to cook on high for another 20-25 minutes, or until rice is cooked and has absorbed most of the liquid.
Serve hot with freshly chopped parsley and some hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and rate it!