This slow cooker pizza soup recipe is part of a sponsored post that’s been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias
- 1/2 pound uncooked Italian sausage, in casings
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups pasta sauce, (I use garlic and onion flavor)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups frozen onions and peppers blend, (I use fajitas blend)
- 4 ounces Hormel mini pepperoni , (reserve a few pieces to use as garnish
- 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Place Italian sausage (still in the casings) in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
Add all ingredients except Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Stir to combine all ingredients. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
Use tongs to carefully remove Italian sausages from the slow cooker. Cut into bite sized pieces and return to the slow cooker.
Stir in Parmesan cheese. Ladle hot soup into bread bowls or soup bowls and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni before serving.