Turkey stuffed zucchini boats are an easy baked stuffed zucchini recipe! Even kids love this turkey stuffed zucchini, and it’s a protein packed meal! It’s low carb, gluten free, and is adaptable to be a meatless, vegetarian or paleo stuffed zucchini meal.
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil (or other oil of your choice)
- .5 pound lean ground turkey or other ground meat of your choice
- 4 medium zucchini, , washed, ends removed, and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, , washed, seeded, and diced small
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, washed and diced (any variety will work. Canned works also.)
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, , peeled and diced small
- 1 small clove garlic, , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce, (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay zucchini halves on a rimmed baking sheet or in a casserole dish; set aside.
Add oil to a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add ground turkey and cook 4-5 minutes, or until partially browned, breaking up meat into pieces with a spoon as it cooks.
Reduce heat to medium and add all vegetables, plus salt and pepper. Cook 6-7 minutes, or until onions are translucent and vegetables are softened. Taste and add more seasoning, if desired.
Spoon mixture evenly into prepared zucchini boats. Top with feta cheese, if using, then bake for 15-18 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked.