- 1 pound ground beef, (or ground turkey)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, ( or almond flour)
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, + 1/4 cup more for topping (see notes above for low carb option)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing with olive oil.
In a large bowl add ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, barbecue sauce, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and egg. Mix together until fully combined together.
Split meatloaf mixture in half. Press one half of it in loaf pan. Layer spinach, provolone cheese, red onion and remaining of meatloaf mixture.
Add more barbecue to top of meatloaf, cheddar cheese and diced tomato. Bake for 55-65 minutes.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and rate it!
To make low carb swap almond flour for breadcrumbs and opt for sugar-free barbecue sauce. Calculating at 4 Net Carbs per slice that way.